View Single Post
Old 11-12-2014, 09:55 AM
Mrs. SewNSew

Originally Posted by cricket_iscute View Post
I don't even want to think about my list! I have lots of machines here to service and have been seriously ill (better now) so haven't done any. But I think I am at a place, health wise, where I could do at least a bit on them. I'm not as patient now as I was when I felt better and we know meching machines takes patience. Rather than service machines I'll only give away, the goal being to get them out of the house, or machines others have left with me to fix, it makes more sense to service first those that I want to use. Or does it? Maybe I should fix other people's machines first, although I'm doing it for free? What would you do?

Cricket
Cricket, I usually try to balance them. One for me, one to sell, with the goal of getting them all done eventually. I would NOT fix other people's machines for free. You'll burn out doing that. I like to have something fun going for me and one that I can re-home and perhaps make just enough off of to pay for parts I need for mine! Its a hobby after all! It should be fun.