Old 11-12-2014, 10:12 AM
joe'smom

Originally Posted by SueSew View Post
Joe'smom, I am now confused about your deliberations on colors.
I think the colors you chose are all great, but what is this about proportions? Won't BH tell us what color to put where in each piece?
Does this have to do with how much dark vs light shade of each color? Or how much white is in the print?

I'm still piling up fabrics (going for lollipop shades and 'grape' instead of black.) but now I'm sure I'm missing something!
SueSew, don't worry, you're not missing anything. When I put up my wheel of strips, I used one of each color, and then started again, one of each color going around the wheel. Then I was whining (!) that I didn't like the black, and didn't like my yellow. peaceandjoy pointed out that going by Bonnie's intro information, there was more white (neutral) than anything else in the quilt (calls for 3 yds), then next in prominence were the black, pink, and blue, followed by smaller amounts of the yellow and green. So I re-did my strip wheel using most white, next most black, pink and blue, and less yellow and green. It was just an effort to see how the colors all looked together, rather than separated into color groups.

Rhondals, I'm so glad you'll be joining in. Which Joel Dewberry line were you thinking of? That's an interesting idea!