Old 11-12-2014, 05:13 PM
oksewglad
Power Poster

Hope Jeanie's having a good RV trip! I'm sure her weather is nicer than it is here....was 20° when I went to church sewing circle this afternoon. Love the heated seats in the car!
Yes, Honchey, the bread maker bakes the bread for you. I've gotten tired of buying $2+ a loaf for bread. Here's the recipe DH likes for my Black&Decker machine. Oh and I'm with you on the Christmas decorating philosophy.

1 egg
1/4 c water
3/4 c milk (been using buttermilk from my butter making)
2 T butter
3/4 t salt
3 c bread flour
2 T sugar
1 t dry yeast

Use the basic bread cycle (3hr 50min for mine). Recently I've used 2 small pullet eggs instead of one. Have replaced 2/3 c of white flour with whole wheat. This bread makes great toasted cheese sandwiches or Fr toast as well.

We tied 2 small and 2 larger quilts today. Brought one home to sew the edges on. I took in 4 little dresses for Haiti. An area MD and wife are heading there in February so we want to send several along with them. Several pillowcases were donated for these, but I've also cut out fabric for smaller sizes. We will be sending some layettes down as well. We get donated fabric; lots of it not very pretty, but we make do.

Took out from the freezer 5 large bags of meat--2 meaty soup bones and 3 large chuck roasts. Tomorrow I'll be getting meat ready for canning and then can it on Friday. Guess sewing is not on my list of to do's. I've been out of canned meat for a couple of months and really miss not having this "convenience" food on my shelf. Want to run a few pints up to our neighbors (elderly) for a couple of quick meals for them.

Better get organized for tomorrow. Have a great evening