View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 04:37 PM
Baren*eh*ked_canadian

I started this yesterday, I cut out all the pieces I needed, and decided to do it half and half, in order to keep things straight.
I've never done a bargello before, it seems pretty straight forward. I didn't bother with the instructions or numbering my fabrics for my layout and stuff, I suppose it might have gone faster had I bothered, but it's too late now. I also might have been a bit smarter by choosing a less complicated pattern to begin with, lol, I did a whole lot of counting.
I took only colours I had in my stash, since I decided to do this on a whim ( I'm a bad girl, I know, I have three other projects I need to finish, one of them is for a baby who will be born in two days, lol, one I promised my unlce I would do last summer, and one was for a housewarming gift for a friend who moved into his house in November...oops!) and I was thoroughly convinced it was going to be awful...that is, until I put in on the floor for the pic. I actually like this!! I can't wait to finish it now!
What I'm showing you is the top part, a little more than half way, but it's the most complicated part. The bottom half is a little simpler.
I'm DYING to do the "LINKS" bargello pattern that Shadow did a couple of years ago, but I had this one on hand... I'll shoot for the LINKS one next time :)

I'd appreciate any commentary or suggestions -I mean, other that 'read the instructions first'... I got that now, lol!

ETA: Oops, the pictures are upside down :roll: the black parts go up top :idea:
Attached Thumbnails attachment-62946.jpe   attachment-62947.jpe