View Single Post
Old 11-14-2014, 06:33 AM
ThayerRags

Originally Posted by Gray fox View Post
....On both ends of the base there is a 'D' shaped connection device, with a 'D' shaped opening...The curved part of the 'D' faces downward. No moving parts, just a metal piece with an opening. Is that how your lid attaches?
Yes. The spring-loaded latches on the cover have a d-shaped pin that go into the openings on the base. The latches are hinged at the top, and operated by pulling the bottom of the latch out away from the case. My machine is down at the shop, so I can’t get a photo of the inside of the case right now.

The machine is one of two hand crank machines setting ready for my wife to use during a power outage if she wants to (the other one is a Singer 216G that zigzags). It takes the same class 66 bobbin as her go-to machine (Singer 401A), so if she’s working on something that requires a straight stitch, she can set the 201 up in front of the window where the light comes in good enough to see, and transfer her thread and bobbin out of her 401A to complete or continue a project while waiting for the power to come back on.

CD in Oklahoma
Attached Thumbnails 20140312_01.jpg