View Single Post
Old 11-14-2014, 09:04 AM
ladydukes

Default Game Gift Ideas for Christmas Party

I need some fresh gift ideas for a game that we play at our Christmas Party. The game that we play is called the Right Left Game. I rewrote the dialogue to fit the occasion. For those of you who never heard of it, the group participating is in a circle and each person has a gift in their hand to pass around. The narrator reads the story, and each time the narrator says "Right" the gift is passed to the right, and each time the narrator says "Left" the gift is passed to the left. It gets confusing because 'right' and 'left' are repeated and the participants have to pass the gift to keep up with the story.

I rewrote the dialogue into a funny Christmas story and inserted the names of the people attending the party to make it fun. The first year, I furnished the gifts myself, all in identical gift bags. The gift was a Christmas coffee cup with a bag of "Snowman Soup" in it. The bag contained a candy cane, a package of hot chocolate mix, a few miniature marshmallows and a couple of Hershey's chocolate kisses, along with the "recipe." The next year, I had everyone bring a funny pair of socks and I placed each pair in a gift bag so that all bags would be alike and no one would know who brought what.

Playing this game is a huge success with our friends. They are asking what they need to bring to participate in the game. This is where I need ideas! I need for the item to be inexpensive, generic (something that would work for a man or woman), and easy to find locally. Please let me know if you have a suggestion!!

Another game we played last year, I bought 5 different types of chocolate candy bars. I melted each bar and placed the melted chocolate on a piece of cloth. I gave each participant a pencil and a piece of paper numbered 1 through 5. Each participant had to smell the melted candy and try to figure out what kind of candy bar it is, then list it on the paper. The person who guessed the most correctly got a little prize.

We also play the White Elephant Christmas gift exchange (except we bring something nice, not really White Elephant items).

If you have any other game ideas, PLEASE let me know! Time is upon me!!

Thanks for your input. You can send me a personal PM if you want to!!