Thread: Age
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 05:29 PM
Baren*eh*ked_canadian

Originally Posted by Blockhead
Originally Posted by Baren*eh*ked_canadian
I'm 28.
I realise that I'm one of the younger people on this forum, but honestly I think it so cool that there are older folks who are just as computer savvy and up to date with technology to be able to keep up with the younger generation.
My grandmother could barely work a remote control for the TV, nevermind telling it apart from the one for the VCR. I guess I automatically assume that older people can't be bothered to keep up with technology and I was pleasantly surprised to find how many people here are of that generation and just as capable as the rest, and with more experience on the subject at hand than I!
Lol - guess which generation were young when home computers came to be? Guess which generation played with them, programmed them and improved them? Who were in their 20's & 30's when VCR's were invented?

I got my first PC over 25+ years ago and have used one almost daily ever since. I introduced computers & the internet to my kids, who are now older than you are.

But then again.....I still mess up on that damm mobile phone!

Cheers & hugs

I had a commodore 64 when I was a kid, I think those were among the first computers... didn't do much 'work', was mostly games and stuff.
Oh, we also had an IBM that had a black screen with green text, lol!