View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 10:49 AM
Edie

We had Shelter Shield ("Cellulose") blown in back in the 80's. About a month ago I had R38 rolls put in the attic - And so far in the cold Fall season, it has kept us warm here in the house. I don't know if you are having the walls done or the attic. Check and see if you can have the cellulose blown in from the inside. It would be so much neater as far as the exterior of the house is concerned. I don't think I would want any siding taken off . They can blow it in from the inside.

I am 76 and I ca feel the difference for sure. I am sorry, but we have siding and I won't let anyone drill into the siding or take the siding off to drill a hole in the wood siding (cringe for sure). You can have sheet rock put in where they drill the holes to fill the interior walls. And when that is fixed, it can be painted (providing you get a good guy to do it right) or you can wallpaper it, or panel, whatever. Maybe have the holes put in at a chair rail height and no one will be any the wiser.

That has been my experience - in other words, the cellulose will eventually pack down - ours packed doown from 14" to about 2". So I opted for rolls. I had to to do this on my own...my husband died in 2013 and it just had to get done and so with the help of the world's greatest handyman (and I got him) he did it right and good and didn't overcharge me. couldn't be happier.

OK, now I lam going back to the Minnesota Ohio game - Yay! So far! Edie