View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 11:13 AM
quiltingbuddy

Originally Posted by baglady65 View Post
What I don't buy is alot of fabric unless its something I really need for a project.
I find and I have gone to Houston many years now that if you really like something buy or right the booth number down and what was there you wanted...as you will never find it again or it will be gone so you need to go back soon after you have seen it! I have bought many things I have not needed or used yet but maybe some time I will get back to those things! One thing I'm going to buy another is a quilt hanger for doors! I have lost all my walls to pictures so still have doors! I always have a list of things to look for before I go! Thread is always on sale and feet for yor sewing machines as all the dealers are at the Big shows.
I don't think I've seen a quilt hanger for doors but would sure love to find one if anyone has a link.

I too have been led astray with specialty rulers. Bummer huh? They are so expensive! My problem is I love notions so I tend to be a bit of a sucker for many new items that I may or may not use. Got the pounce too because a friend likes hers and I read once where you can just iron it away, but mine didn't end up to be the ironing kind. I hate wasting money on stuff that is not what you think it is, or does not work, or you just can't figure it out. Sometimes the tried and true old methods are the best.

Good thread, I think I will ask you guys before I waste money on stuff from now on.