View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 04:13 PM
Mrs. SewNSew

Default Treadle table questions

First off let me apologize for being all over the place today! I've lost my mojo so I'm sorting through the hoard poking at this and that and trying to find the thing that takes me down the rabbit hole.

I have never worked on a treadle yet and this one is calling to me. It's cute and compact and sorta unique. It needs a good cleaning for starters but I am not sure how to go about it. It has some areas where the wood is separating and will need gluing. Can I wash it down with Glenn's cleaning recipe --all the wood AND the irons? Or do I have to remove the irons first?

The bottom has a wood part that flips down and covers the paddle and locks in the upright position when in use. The wheel doesn't seem to go all the way around though when the arm is attached. Could the arm be too short?

Another question is there seems to be wiring inside. It goes across the back to a thing that might be a male plug end? and then continues to the inside right where it might go into like a terminal? the other end goes down inside the leg I think and attaches to a box on the bottom that holds the paddle.

You can tell by how well I am describing this that I am totally lost. I could use some help understanding what I am seeing here and how to get a start on it.

Maybe some pictures will help huh? Pictures always help! First the table, the paddle and the wheel.
Attached Thumbnails treadle-table-14-640-x-426-.jpg   dsc_0385-640-x-426-.jpg   dsc_0383-640-x-426-.jpg