Old 11-16-2014, 09:33 AM
Patchesnposies

Originally Posted by marilyn43 View Post
Do any of you start thinking about next year and what to make or pick up. I'm ready to start watching sales and looking for items to make. That's pretty bad when we haven't even celebrated our s.s. of this year. I have to share with you that I suffer from depression, I have all my life. Of course when I was young and growing up there was no information on depression and it was that you work yourself out of it and some of that is true. A few years ago I had a traumatic happening in my family and it really took hold of me. I was sent for an evaluation and found out that my neurons don't connect. It's like with a zipper there is a couple of teeth missing and the zipper won't zip up. I was put on medication and counseling which helped greatly. I quit all the crafts I was doing and taking part in, nothing interested me. If I didn't have to go to work I didn't leave the house. after I broke my pelvis this last year and had a severe reaction to morphine I almost died. This left me hollow, it messed with whole nervous system ect. One afternoon I got on the computer which I had not done in months and started looking at quilt groups and came across this one. I just want to say you ladies have made a difference in my life since I've joined. You've all been so kind and a couple I've made friends with that I keep in touch with. The Scrappy Quilt and S.S. has blessed me so much. It's gotten me back into doing what I love to do (crafts ) and not thinking about everything negative. so I just want to say thank you to everyone for helping me get out of my slump, it feels so good. God Bless All.
Marilyn, Thanks for posting about your experience with depression and how the QB has helped you. I am so glad you are here with us. I had a similar experience though it was brought on by the onset of severe rheumatoid arthritis and a total loss of being able to use my hands. I didn't think I'd ever be able to sew, crochet, or garden, my three favorite things, and was understandably depressed.

Through a series of circumstances and resultant life style changes, over time, my symptoms began to lessen and I gingerly started back on to the path of having my functioning body back. The QB and its members really motivates me when I feel like quitting. So many folk on here share and encourage each other. Troubles shared are troubles halved.

I love the camaraderie, encouragement, and friendliness I find here. I don't always participate in the chitter chatter (I am not a chatterer by nature) but I LOVE eavesdropping. LOL

I, too, want to thank all of the kind folks here on the QB. You all truly are gifts from God.