View Single Post
Old 11-16-2014, 10:31 AM
GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by Joyfilled View Post
Oh, how exciting!! Thank you so much for your responses!! Now I really can't wait to get started. With 3 at three and under, though, I better wait until they go to bed. Just in about an hour!

I thought I'd start with my son's quilt. That one has the most flannel, but also has some bandanna fabric and jean material. And...his had the cheapest fabric.

I have no idea how it will all look when finished....I appreciate your encouragement!

To answer your question, Paper Princess, I thought I'd start with BIG blocks as this is my first attempt and I didn't want to get too discouraged. I think this is how my thought process went, please correct me if I'm wrong, or my measurements are off.....I start with 12" fabric squares, batting of 9". Sew an X through them once assembled. Then sew them together with 1" seams, then cut the rags in half inch cuts. Does this make sense? I'd appreciate y'alls input!

Thanks for the encouragement!
Here's an idea to make the blankets ever easier and a whole lot faster. Cut strips (WOF 42/43") 7"to 9" wide. Fabric is about 42", so that would be a good width for little guys--------even bigger guys. Skip the batting and add a layer of solid color flannel for softness and warmth. You can make one in a few evenings after the kids are asleep. Save the squares for a time when you have more time.