View Single Post
Old 11-17-2014, 06:07 AM
shayarene

Default HELP Flannel Questions

Hello Everyone, I just made a queen sized flannel rag quilt for my grandson's 3rd bday. He just got his first big boy bed and his mom wanted it bigger so he would have it for years. LOL I took it to the laundromat yesterday to give it the first washing and drying so it would rag out. LOL It didn't rag as much as I wanted, but I have a problem, It is totally full of little lintys. How do I get all those fuzzies off it front and back so it looks new again before I send it to him. I don't want him to think Grandma sent him a used linty blanket. I sat for over an hour with an old lint brush, but it didn't do so great. I tried to back roll packing tape and dob it all over. OMG this is a nightmare and now, I have 2 more grandchildren that want one of Grandma's soft warm raggedy quilts. LOL I used dryer sheets in dryer in hopes that would help, I changed lint trap every 10 mins but really not much in it later on. The quilt turned out beautiful for him and I love it but need those lintys gone. Any suggestions or do I just have to sit and pick them off forever?