View Single Post
Old 11-17-2014, 10:51 AM
Prism99
Power Poster

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie View Post
So you think she should have cleaned the filter sooner than every 10 minutes? Maybe so
The quilt pilled extensively after its first washing and drying at the laundromat. OP tried to remove some of the pills by washing and drying again at home, which is when she checked the lint filter every 10 minutes.

The dryers at my laundromat do not have lint filters I can clean.

Flannels pill for a couple of reasons. One is that a lot of flannel pills no matter how you handle it. It is probably the exception these days to buy flannel that doesn't pill. There are only a couple of brands posters have mentioned that can be relied on not to pill. The other big cause of pilling is having the flannel rub against other fabrics (and even against itself). This is probably what happened to the OP. Using the largest front-loading washer you can find helps, because it minimizes how much rubbing of fabric occurs during the wash. Top-loading machines with central agitator posts are probably the worst unless you never let the machine agitate (stop the machine and hand-agitate instead).

I'd invest in a sweater defuzzer.