Old 11-17-2014, 04:41 PM
Champanier

Default Confession: 1907 Singer 27 with pheasants and parlor cabinet

Well, I know I posted recently that I was not going to buy any more sewing machines for a while.

I completely lied. I had good intentions. Really. But the universe keeps putting these opportunities on CL...

I HAD to get the 206 today after you all encouraged me. But I hadn't mentioned that last Thursday, I also had a little no-buying slip. It was a Singer 27 with pheasants and such a pretty parlor cabinet...what could I do?

I've been waiting for sunshine so I could take decent photos, but we've just had clouds and I couldn't wait any longer to share.

I haven't started to clean it yet, but it's been in one family and has been well cared for and it was just so beautiful that I couldn't resist. I moved furniture around so it could fit in the living room.

The decals are gone or damaged in the center - it was definitely used. The spring on the tension is twisted out of shape - I don't know if I can fix that or find a replacement. There's a little decorative knob on the bottom trim that's gone, but I wonder if I could get dowels, shape them with a Dremel and stain to match the others (or just let it go). I think it's so beautiful - I don't mind the cosmetic wear - it came by it honestly.

There's a brass button on the trim that releases the machine so it just floats up out of the cabinet with very little effort. (Wish the two-ton 201s had that!) The top drawer has insert spots for the attachments. It had some, but not all of them - missing the screwdrivers and maybe more. There's another insert for a drawer that may be incomplete - looks kind of like a little box with handles. Does anybody know what it is? (Now that I look at the pictures, it has green that probably came from the insert piece in the top drawer. There must be more to it - maybe that's where the ruffler and hemmer go.)

Everything moves smoothly when I turn the wheel. It has one shuttle and came with three more bobbins. I think I may have another shuttle and a bobbin or two that would fit. The bobbin winder moves when I engage it and turn the wheel.

Inner happy dance!

And now I mean it. NO more sewing machines!

Really.

None.

Well, okay, unless there was a Grover and Baker like the one SteveH found showed up for a really reasonable price...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]499273[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]499274[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]499275[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]499276[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]499277[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]499278[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]499279[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]499281[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]499282[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_3702.jpg   img_3706.jpg   img_3707.jpg   img_3721.jpg   img_3724.jpg  

img_3728.jpg   img_3726.jpg   img_3731.jpg   img_3733.jpg