View Single Post
Old 11-18-2014, 07:44 AM
Dotte

Default My collection inventory

I thought I would share my method of keeping track of all my babies. I have thirteen now and my DH says no more until I give away some more of my machines. People give me machines to cleanup and refurbish and I find homes for them with new families that will love and use them. However, I have my own that I would not part such as my FW or my Pfaff 297. I have some treasures.

I keep a large index card on each SM that I have or that is given to me. On the front of card I record the following: Date received, purchase price if any, how I obtained the machine, M#, S#, Brand, Throat measurement, bobbin type, needle type, bulb type and what arrived with the machine as far as attachments, manual etc. I also take pictures as I clean up the machines.

On the back of the card I record what I find wrong with the machine, what I repaired, any costs of parts, my wish list of items that would be great to have for the machine (i.e., darning plate, etc.), the date I last serviced the machine and where I sent the machine if I adopt it out to someone else to love.

My computer is not in the same room as my sewing/craft room. I can keep these cards by my computer and know at a glance if I find a bargain on line, whether I need it or not.

This works great for me and I don't have to keep going back to my machine and looking at it. I have picture and info right at hand.