Old 11-18-2014, 08:46 AM
Honchey

Hi Everyone, Finally got to sew on Sunday while Bob watched football games, a verynice sort of quiet day & evening..
Yesterday I dropped off one of my machines for a sewing buddy to "play" with...She's debating which new "toy" to buy..then we both ent to our Guild meeting where the girls were sewing our Logo labels on the charity quilts that were made by all of us..they were piled up very high, didn't get a final count..All were for Carolina Comfort....
Today I'm playing games on the cp...waiting for Bob to come back from the Recycling Center then we're going to Belk's to see what's on sale.. I'm going to Bingo tonite..no dinner..so we'll have a big lunch somewhere in town...
I watch the tutorials that MSQC posts on Friday's and I'm making on of the quilts..it's very easy..it's called "Swirls & Twirls and I have 10 of the large blocks done..it's a new technique that eliminates bulk in the intersections...
QNS, I hope you're feeling better after the your surgery..hope all goes well with the outcome...
Bev, Do you stay in your PJ's all day like I do sometimes???
Jan, do you have a recipe for a white bean chicken chili? Progresso has come out with it ($$$$ very expensive) and it is very good and I tried to copy it and it turned out too spicy/hot...I would like to try making it again from scratch but
I don't want to end up throwing it out again...
Carriem, Take it easy when you can...I'm wondering what size blocks Laurie made for the quilt in the new book..Think she might tell me if I ask her??? Hmmmm..
It's supposed to get very cold here tonite...not as cold as some of you are experiencing..but still cold...
I'm supposed to be going with a group of ladies to a grand opening of a Publix supermarket tomorrow morning but with an expected temperature of 24* and no heavy jacket, I will have to pass on that..I'll go later in the afternoon..there are only 2 supermarkets in this area and now we'll have a third one...Back home there are 7 for me to shop at...
Bob is back and it's time for us to go shopping. see ya later gators!!! H.