View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 09:43 PM
omak

Originally Posted by Eddie
Wow, I love all that red fabric you bought, especially that red stripes. For some reason, it's hard for me to find red fabric that I like, but I like all of yours.
For almost as long as I can remember, my favorite color has been blue. I like ANYTHING blue ... and, then, shortly after I joined the Board, I began noticing that red was becoming a real favorite for me. I know what you mean about the shade of red having to be just so ... the first red I remember actually liking was at Walmart - - you have probably seen it - - little red roses, they had a blue in the same fabric, it wasn't orangey, and it wasn't that blue/red leaning toward purple?
And, then about six months ago, I think it was Colletta Kay that showed us a bolt of this red Strip-It ... they are 2.5" strips that run the length of the fabric, and it is GRAND!
Before I got this, the designer had done a Red/White/Blue Strip-it! I got a bolt of that, too!
The only way I have made it manageable is to cut it into six foot lengths and then cut the strips. They are working nicely in sashings for my veterans' lap robes.
Our LQS does keep a good supply of red fabric. I am blessed.