View Single Post
Old 11-18-2014, 01:58 PM
bplipschitz

Originally Posted by Mrs. SewNSew View Post
Hey, yours is just like mine! I have a 1951 Pfaff 130 with too. Your stitching is coming out better than mine is though. Mine has been a WIP for a long time. Mine started out 90% frozen and missing a cord, a belt, and a foot controller. When I want to feel especially frustrated I put in more time working on it. Last time around, I was testing out the stitching now that everything is moving correctly. Even though the needle moves left and right, my zig zag stitch is coming out straight. grr. If you figure out what is causing the skipped stitches let me know!
Hey Christy,

I'm finding out that these finely machined German workhorses are very particular, because they were made to such exacting tolerances. The correct needle, matched with the appropriately sized thread, with the exact needle/bobbin separation distances *all* have an impact, but even more so on a Pfaff.

Keep at it -- it helps to have a very regimented approach to these things, and when they get frustrating, time for some tea/liquor/DWTS or whatever calms one down.

Good luck!