View Single Post
Old 11-19-2014, 04:35 AM
quiltnut4ever

Good morning all. I had a great weekend last week. I attended the Floriani event and my lqs in Naples and I learned quite a lot. We all got to work with the new Destiny machine in groups and did some exciting projects. I will say that the machine has a lot of features to include its IQ scanner. I have the Babylock Spirit and I'm not interested in forking over $10,000 for the Destiny. Like with any machine it will take time to learn its features and its temperament, i.e. threads. All of our projects were done in-the-hoop and though we came home with the designs we worked on they were only meant for the Ellisimo or the Destiny. I can minimize the design on my machine so I"ll give that a try. I also received a free cd from a friend of mine about threads and that was one is very interesting. The one thing I learned is when using metallic threads to put the spool in backwards. If you have a standing thread spool this works very well. All of our embroidering was done with the stand and never once did the thread break. The cost of the workshop vs. what I learned is worth it.