View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 06:52 PM
Flying_V_Goddess

Originally Posted by Moonpi
The blank blocks of Irish chains would give you a space to use interesting designs. if you went with black backgrouns, patterned or batik red chains, and bright quilting in the blocks, it would be striking. You could take general shapes from classic tats - hearts, stars, even Celtic or tribal motifs.

Done in the red or a varigated jeweltone quilting thread, it would really pop. I think the key will be finding the right red. take some black paper with a square cutout the same size as finished chain squares when you go shopping and audition a batch. You'll soon get a feel for the ones that will cut nicely, and those that would be swallowed up in the darkness.

How is your hand embroidery? There are some rayon embroidery threads that just light up next to black.
Yeah, but the Irish chain seems too.......I don't know, it doesn't exactly scream "Deni!" And I've went through so many Celtic knot motifs for the sea map that I'll probably puke if I see another one right now. lol.

Oh, my hand embroidery sucks. Beyond basic cross stitching, its far from good...and even that isn't the best.