View Single Post
Old 11-20-2014, 12:18 AM
blueheavenfla

I hate to say it Ladies but to me this rates right up there with big loose long sleeves as being dangerous when you are cooking. If you are wearing it while taking something out of the oven or near a gas or conventional electric stove burner it is potential TROUBLE, and yes, I was shouting that word. Have you ever seen a chef/cook in a commercial establishment wear an apron like that? Of course not! They must comply with certain safety regulations. As the daughter of a Safety Engineer for an insurance conglomerate I learned to look at everything with safety in mind. If you like the pattern, at least make a separate long tie (and keep it in the pocket) that would fit most all sizes. Watch the fat and the skinny chefs on TV to see how they tie their aprons...front or back (once or twice around, in other words) for SAFETY sake!!! Is it any wonder that the style went out of vogue years ago considering how litigious our society is? I doubt that you will find a commercial manufacturer of this style apron...they don't want to be sued. Sorry...I'm off my soapbox now. Stay safe!