View Single Post
Old 11-20-2014, 06:49 PM
blueheavenfla

I believe that preventing burns IS a kindness. Sorry you took offense but in my profession (retired RN) teaching safety was a large part of my responsibilities. I have seen many burns from kitchen accidents and I would do all I could to prevent such an occurrence. My post was not to condemn anyone but to point out the potential for severe harm. Just because someone has used a specific item without harm does not render it safe, it only makes the user fortunate that no harm has been done. Nothing I posted reflected on the quality of a well done tute...it merely pointed out a safety issue that had most likely not been considered in the past. I feel no shame for my post!
Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
My goodness ladies, I am sure that Krystyna deliberately took the time and energy to make a tutorial about an apron she hates (and uses all the time) just so that everyone could burn up in their kitchen for Thanksgiving??? NOT!!! I thought we are too treat each other with respect and kindness on this board and that first post about safety was anything but kind...no one is forcing anyone else to make anything they don't want to or feels is unsafe??? I'm not sure I would ever venture to have the courage to put a tutorial on this board if it were received as this one has been??? Shame shame...

Krystyna, I think your tute was very well done...great pics and directions...cute fabrics!!! Thanks much!!