Old 11-21-2014, 08:39 AM
JeanieG

Here is a message I got back from Laurie Hird on her new book, I signed up for early delivery on her home page.

Hi Jeanie,

I'm so glad that I checked my spam folder, because your letter was there! I'm happy that I was able to rescue it.

How kind of you for telling me that you have sewn my first two quilts and that you are brave enough to try a third. I will be very happy to put you on the list. I'm guessing that I will be able to send a book to you 1-3 weeks before they are available on Amazon. I'll have more ordering details early next year.

I went back to the 6-inch block for the 30's book. Many of the blocks are closer to the "difficulty" of The Pony Club (The Farmer's Wifewas easier, I thought) but since they are smaller, these blocks could be more of a challenge. Not too hard, though. (If I tried a block that was a real pain, I just tossed it into the trash can and picked out another one! I'm not a glutton for punishment. I love the quilt block names. I used blocks that included a woman's name or a title like "grandma." I hope that no one minds, but I dropped other words in the block title so "Mrs. Fay's Favorite Friendship Block" became "Mrs. Fay" and "Lucy's Four and Nine" became just "Lucy." The old fashioned names are just adorable.

The letters are wonderful and I plan to print a few on my blog next year.

Thanks again for writing and for sewing my quilts!

Fondly yours,
Laurie

Last edited by JeanieG; 11-21-2014 at 08:48 AM.