View Single Post
Old 11-21-2014, 10:17 AM
yobrosew

Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
My goodness ladies, I am sure that Krystyna deliberately took the time and energy to make a tutorial about an apron she hates (and uses all the time) just so that everyone could burn up in their kitchen for Thanksgiving??? NOT!!! I thought we are too treat each other with respect and kindness on this board and that first post about safety was anything but kind...no one is forcing anyone else to make anything they don't want to or feels is unsafe??? I'm not sure I would ever venture to have the courage to put a tutorial on this board if it were received as this one has been??? Shame shame...

Krystyna, I think your tute was very well done...great pics and directions...cute fabrics!!! Thanks much!!
I disagree with your interpretation and intent of the advice about burning. I think it was a considerate gesture to warn us. I would have worn it cooking but now realize the apron is more for other kitchen duties and is gonna be great for me in food prep, clean up, etc., (lots of hand-wiping surface, especially if made with a towel) but not for cooking. I have had a baggy sleeve catch fire as no body warned me of the hazard and I did not think of such on my own. (It may have been covered in home ec class but I probably slept through it). When we don't know each other personally, we do not know the facial expressions to go with the words. Because of this, when something seems a bit snotty or snarky or snooty or haughty in the delivery, I try to give the benefit of the doubt, believing most people do not intend to be mean. Thus, I did not see any trashing of the tute or even of the apron -- only the use of the apron for cooking. On the line of safety, more than one ER has been called for a woman whose top apron tie was hanging forward and got caught in the mixer or the stove. To disagree with someone or to give warning is not disrespect or lacking kindness. Compassion prompted the warning; not criticism.