Old 11-22-2014, 05:22 AM
janRN

QNS, not the news you were hoping for but we have to play the hand we're dealt. Good luck with the next visit.

Jeanie, thanks for sharing your email from Laurie. I'm glad the blocks are going to be 6"--that's become my favorite size to work with. I'm not making any more large quilts to roll up and throw in the closet. I did 3 projects lately that finished 12" blocks and I have them in a pile and I'm making bed runners and table toppers out of them--that I can give away.

OK, sounds like you're going to have lots of fun over the holidays--lots of prep work but worth it in the end. Just my son, DIL, DGS & DGD are coming here. But I have to squeeze dinner in between DGS's hockey tournament in the morning and DIL scheduled to work in the afternoon.

Anne, I have "spots" like your DH. In high school I worked everyday at the swimming pool as a life guard--lots of sun exposure. And we didn't use sun block. In fact, we used baby oil mixed with iodine to give us a nice tan. No such thing as a nice tan we're learning the hard way.

Janie, good to see you fly by--take care of that ear & yourself. Bev, are you finally getting rain in Texas? Maybe Buffalo can send you some of their melting snow. Wasn't that amazing? Too bad there isn't a way to get all that excess water to Texas & California (I can see my engineer son laughing at that idea).

Warming up a little here thankfully. Have a great week-end.