Old 11-22-2014, 05:29 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Hands down my best class experience was with Karen McTavish. Now granted I am a HUGE KM groupie so I went in with extreme bias. But she was so down to earth and funny. OMgosh she was funny. The class was a certification course to learn and then be able to teach her McTavishing technique. So it was a combined trunk show/hands on. So what made it so special? Well it was Karen McTavish! LOL. Seriously though, it was special because she was entertaining, engaging, supportive and broke each step of the process down into "baby steps" so we all comprehended it and every single person in that class mastered the technique yet every single person's Mctavishing looked different (like handwriting).
I have never had a bad class experience but I tend to make my own fun. I find the most enjoyable class experiences are with instructors who are engaging and supportive of your efforts and break the time out to first explain and demonstrate the technique then let you do hands on practice. I like approachable instructors. They can either sit off on the side while students execute the technique or they can wander. When wandering it is always nice to hear them compliment the students with an occasional "good job". I have also seen skilled instructors be able to spot a student in trouble and delicately step in with a "here let me show you something that will make it easier for you".

Oooh, edited to add handouts! Love handouts. With drawings, written instructions, examples etc. I usually need the reminders afterwards.

Last edited by feline fanatic; 11-22-2014 at 05:31 AM.