Old 11-22-2014, 05:39 AM
Elisabrat

ok ladies this weekend (as in tomorrow) I will put up the swap sign ups for BATIKS its a fun swap lots of people sign up for this and the variety is amazing. I know our store here in town has half their regular fabric stock in batiks! I went in there once and wondered where are the regular fabrics lol.. there is a huge variety of cool fabrics out there. I am fondest of the cream and ivory ones. but the blues call to me too.. purples ok those do also. ok I love them all. sucker for batiks. they are so different and wonderful to play with. I have a heck of at time sewing with them however but hear most of you don't. secrets anyone? I prewash them, and if you try to put them with regular fabric it gets a little tightening of the threads maybe its my machine, heard it was my needle (use a 11 sharp german needle) and well advise is appreciated. I love the fabrics too much to pass them up! (those are the I need that one and that one types).

thanks to all my friends once again. You are all so very sweet. I napped almost all day yesterday after doing those dishes in the sink (that was it for me) but hoping by Sunday I am getting ready to rock and roll again. or Monday for sure. those are my two days off dialysis which I adore. I love days off lol. Well gotta get on the road for another day in paradise at the clinic. Bringing Christmas cards to write with me. lol I know it is early but have to write them now or they never will get sent. I figure five or six a time I should be done in short order. its a wish. so far only 5 have been done. wish me luck! thanks for sharing your photos of this months swap. please PM me if you have not received by now I need to know. gracias.

oh and Kiffie and Jaba its not in my DNA to stop being me. worn out and all I don't want to stop, figure if I do stop then I give up. I refuse to give up so your all stuck with me here. hoping I never wear out!