Old 11-22-2014, 06:47 AM
nanna-up-north

Originally Posted by Furball View Post
My sewing room is also my guest room. My 90 yr old mother with dementia will be here overnight for Thanksgiving and Christmas. So I am racing to finish quilting my first king-sized quilt before I have to tear down all the tables surrounding my machine and ready the room for a 2 yr old mind in a 90 yr old body.

The second I return from taking her home (out of state nursing home) i will sew sew sew every available minute to finish Christmas gifts.

I don't mean this to sound like I resent my mother. I drive 4 hours each week to spend a day with her and treasure every minute while she still mostly knows who I am. I would give up everything to have her back. She was the best mother you could ever imagine -- sweet, kind, generous, and lots of fun.
I'm so sorry that you are having to go through this, Furball. My mom passed away this summer, 2 weeks from turning 94 and thankfully, still with all her mind. I know it must be very painful to see your Mum's body without her mind. Prayers for you both.

To answer your question, Yes, I have to set aside a lot of my sewing for the holidays. We have tons of company and I'm a messy quilter.... seems like a tornado explodes when I'm in the middle of a project. So, I have to put a lot of it away so visitors aren't buried in my mess. Well, it's really not that big a mess but I'm at an age where I can't deal with the company and the quilting. Happy Holidays, everyone.

Last edited by nanna-up-north; 11-22-2014 at 06:53 AM.