View Single Post
Old 11-22-2014, 09:44 AM
Annaquilts
Power Poster

Originally Posted by bigdogmom View Post
I originally bought the pounce pad for hand quilting, but did not use. When I got my longarm it decided pounce pad would be great for marking as I go! Well, you can pounce on the design, but soon as I turn on my machine to quilt,the speed of machine makes the chalk bounce all over and you can't see design. I did end up pouncing design then marking over with wash put pen! double work. At the next big show I ask the salespeople about this "vibrating chalk off fabric" situation. She said "after rubbing stencil several times with pounce pad,spray with hairspray!" I have never tried this because all I can think of will happen is my longarm will gunk up with hairspray! So No to pounce pad!
I really like my accuquilt. I am English paper piecing 5/8" hexagons and loved my accuquilt to cut hundreds of 2"squares. great for strips too. I've found dies on eBay cheaper but agree they are way to pricey.
I also love the binding clips. the clover bobbin holder was waste of money! the don't stack well and fall over.
big fan of books and magazines, but I am trying to cut down, so my sewing area doesn't look like episode of hoarders! I find flipping the pages while drinking my tea very relaxing and cheaper than therapy.
have never used the "curve master" foot attachment. Also have the Alto Cut (original one) I bought on eBay, which has never been used.
Have enjoyed this thread many items I have thought about discussed. And as you can read, I'm a big sucker for a flashy demonstration at a quilt show!

*quote-At the next big show I ask the salespeople about this "vibrating chalk off fabric" situation. She said "after rubbing stencil several times with pounce pad,spray with hairspray!"

Yes this! I was told by a business that uses a Gammill longarm to use some baby powder in cheese cloth and pounce with that over a wax paper sheet you stitch the design on, needle only. so making your own pounce and stencil. She also fixed it in place with cheap hair spray.