View Single Post
Old 11-22-2014, 10:12 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
I bet they will sell quickly! Ok dumb question time: to make 4" plate.........draw a circle 4 1/2" diameter, then draw lines thru to make segments....then redraw one segment adding 1/4" seam allowance for template?
I just measured mine and it would take a 5 1/2" circle. I guess because you cut off the bottom.

Yes that is the way I did it. I use paper to start with and I sew the paper as you would fabric that way if I need to tweak the template a bit I can do it with paper first. I sew half of them together and make sure the edges are straight across. that way if I need to trim a bit I can. it makes the two halves go together better and you dont' get any ruffles that way.
Your seams can be off a bit also and that can make waves (pun intended). so if you have a bit too much at the top go back and resew along your seams to take up any slack. or if it is at the bottom. I pinch a seam to see if that is going to make the edges straight across and that way I know where my problem is. Quite often one side does not lie straight and I have to fix it by redoing seams. I sew along the original seams just a tad to pull in the excess.

Last edited by Rhonda; 11-22-2014 at 10:17 AM.