Old 11-22-2014, 05:09 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Thanks everybody! Yesterday was my BD but we celebrate them all together so you all were right on time besides I drag out the fun as long as I can.

I was trying to kill two birds with one stone today. Miss L was over and I was trying to teach her to sew. We made some hand warmers. Anyway since we never made it shopping and since we were having our big Birthday party this evening, we sewed up a pair for my Dad. My kitchen floor was covered in rice... Dad turns 90 in a couple days. I think we had 5 birthdays for November this evening - the rest didn't show up. Anyway. Miss L gave Great Grandpa the hand warmers. (He IS very hard of hearing.) He looked at them and couldn't figure out why she would be giving him some bean bag toys for his birthday. Then he wanted to know what was in them. RICE??? Why did you give me a bag of rice? I think he thought it was one of our jokes... We kept telling him they were hand warmers. Then he wanted to know why he needed hand warmers and those aren't very warm.... So I put them in the microwave for a few seconds and handed them to him. Oh boy did he light up. Then he passed them to my mom... she wants some for her feet. LOL I guess I'll just have to have another sewing lesson/gift making/slumber party.

Walter has a birthday, too. We found a print at HL with elephants so we made some hand warmers for him, too. He thinks they are bean bags. Did I mention my kitchen floor was covered with rice? No, it wasn't a little kid that did it... I think I need to buy some more rice. We made a couple dozen hand warmers all on a HC sewing machine. It's a good way to use up scraps, learn to sew and make a gift... unless you NEED elephant fabric - then it is an excuse to go shopping.