Old 11-23-2014, 08:35 AM
Elisabrat

ok I just put up Decembers fat quarter swap! batiks! yahoo! sign up immediately (make my life easier) lol. I am in a happy mood today figured two ways to be... happy or miserable. Not chosing miserable thank you very much. I have limited experience with cooking elk. as in zero to be exact. I made stir fry with some I was gifted.. ground beef but put cole slaw mix in it with fresh garlic and ginger and teriyaki sauce I made and tossed it with some fried rice mix I had. it actually came out pretty good. I admit I added a lot of hot sauce to hit as well.. it hid the stronger meat flavor that elk has. I would not chose it again however its a bit gamey for me. I have had great fondu with it simply heat cooked fast heat and then dipped in one of five sauces (mine was teriyaki see a pattern here?) yum. so still time to like the stuff lol. I was gifted so many other meats too so last night we had RIBEYE! omg. my favorite cut of meat of all times. quick flash cooked (like it rare) and served with oh so hot horse radish and I was in heaven. These are the simple things for me. We wont be doing thanksgiving dinner as my dh hates it. He will only eat the salad and the mashed potatoes so sigh.. no turkey day for me. but less work so its not all bad. We are alone this holiday and also Christmas. Its ok. I have limited energy so its good to go with just us I look forward to you posting your busy thanksgiving week information, company coming? baking something different and grand you want to share? tell us we want to know. the new forum for Dec swap is the place to write it so head on over, sign up and share something so good we are dying to cook it to! recipes welcome truly! I have a great sweet potato dish mashed with pecans and boy its so good but not overly sweet. My favorite part of the whole darned dinner... course now I cant in theory eat that dish anylonger but maybe a tiny serving wouldn't be horrible... ok it would be might do it anyways. one good dish a week cant be the end of me. if so.. going down happy