View Single Post
Old 03-18-2007, 02:49 AM
Connie Hadba

Hello everyone,

I am a new quilter living in Beirut, Lebanon. I got started through an adult education course offered at the school where I work as the curriculum coordinator. We are a group of 5 new quilters and have been together for the last 2 years. We search the web, go to shops in the US when we get there and then bring what we learn back to Lebanon to teach each other.

I have made several quilts since starting and have enjoyed doing them thoroughly. Each one has taught me something new.

The message board is a great place to learn what others are doing and perhaps post some questions that I hope will be answered so I can tell the others about it.

Beirut is not an easy place to find fabric. We don't have fabric stores, chain stores selling fabrics or the ability to easily order any online. It takes too long to get fabric sent to here and is very expensive. In the meantime, we walk the streets, look for tiny shops that sell fabric and take what we can find. It is time consuming but fun when there is more than one person looking.

I'm looking forward to participating in this message board and learning a great deal from you.

Connie Hadba :lol: