Old 11-23-2014, 12:00 PM
travelinggramma

Outside the box - hmmm. I live in a Fifth Wheel Trailer!! I never left the town I grew up in, never ventured far. I worked in accounting and very structured, always knowing what I would be doing at any given time.
In 2013 we left our jobs and moved in, sold the house and have been going since! We call our style - semi-retired cause we take jobs along the way. I love meeting all the people from all areas of life. I love leaving the "drama" of the small town and workplaces behind. I follow wherever the Lord leads and He hasn't disappointed yet!
I took up quilting while on the road when my hands wouldn't let me do counted cross stich any longer. I so enjoy the boom groups and learning to play with different fabric and new ideas. You all have helped me experiment with paper piecing, applique, and colors. I can still recall the first swap when someone wanted only black. I didn't even have black and couldn't grasp using only black ---- until I saw the rest of the blocks together and then WOW!
So now I try to think around the box a little bit, and although a traditionalist and still very structured in my quilting, am more than willing to sample different things!