Old 11-23-2014, 01:09 PM
HouseDragon

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
This is why I do the majority of my cooking prep the day before. I take off work that day so I can prepare all the casseroles (sweet potato, stuffing, green bean, squash) the day before. Then Thanksgiving morning I put the turkey in to roast at around 9 or 10, and go watch the parades on tv! When the turkey comes out I put all those casseroles in to cook for an hour, and make only mashed potatoes and gravy while they are cooking. Last 15 minutes in the oven is for rolls. I have a system! Work hard the day before and you can cruise on the day "of". I love having the work done beforehand. AND leftovers for the rest of the weekend!
Sewbizgirl, that's the way I do it, too! Except we brine the turkey on Wednesday and put it on our heavy-duty BBQ rotisserie Thursday mid-day. That leaves the oven free all day until needed. Rotisseried turkeys come out perfect! Juicy inside and lovely crispy skin all the way around.

This year I am trying Alton Brown's Green Bean Casserole: those salty canned soups don't work for me anymore.

I've been reading every post but absolutely don't have the time to do Bonnie's mystery this year. I'll download and print out each clue and add it to my "Bonnie" folder.

..... though I do love this year's colours ......