Old 11-24-2014, 08:56 AM
shayarene

Quote Originally Posted by sandy l View Post
I realize that this probably sounds Scroogy, but it's getting harder and harder each year for me to get excited about Christmas, seeing that it seem's like the merchandise for it is showing up earlier and earlier each year.

I am with Sandy on this one. :-) When my kids were at home, we loved Christmas. They would help me decorate inside and outside. We would decorate tree together. They loved to see presents under the tree and try to guess what was in them. Now, the kids are grown, have kids of their own, and scattered about too much for us to be together. My son that lives closer to me, his wife wants Christmas day to just be them with their kids. So I have spent the last 7 or 8 Christmas' alone. At first, I still put up my tree, then one year I was sitting on the couch and I looked over at it and there was just one lonely little present under the tree for my little dog. It was actually the saddest thing ever. So I quit putting up a tree or doing any decorating. I spend the day alone with my little dog and we do NOTHING but watch movies and take naps until it is over. I used to go out shopping for the grandkids, (11 of them now) Toys are so expensive anymore and then I bought toys, wrapped them, kids ripped open and I usually got an "oh" and then they were tossed aside. Too much wastes. So now, I just give them each a little card with a little money in it and let them go shopping for what they want or think they want. LOL So, I am probably the Queen of Scrooge. And I don't think Christmas should start in stores or wherever until we have had Thanksgiving and given our Thanks for our Blessings. But that is just me. Happy Thanksgiving to ALL.