View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 12:23 PM
Mousie
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Bev
I just came upon a large, VERY large Rubbermaid bin labeled "one yard lengths only," but when I opened it I found that there were tons of different lengths including fat quarters!
What do you suppose I was thinking that day that I stuffed this bin in the very back of my closet, then put my loaded library book cart in front of it almost insuring that it would be safe from prying eyes, including my own, for the rest of the century?
I DO remember the fabrics, in a fuzzy sort of way, but when and why I hid them away is a big mystery to me. Especially since I labeled the bin incorrectly. If I weren't so tired I'd sit down and enjoy looking at them. But I had to come in here to my computer, and try to relax. I think I've had it for today.
LOLOLOLOLOLOL!
When I was still relying on bins....soo so sew-me!
I labeled them, alright...and then still couldn't remember EXACTLY what was in them.
That is why, over time I did my level best to work my way towards shelves.
Two things kept me from having them:
1 - Fear...that others would then see all the accumulation.
SOLUTION: Silly me! you can't leave shelves of fabric open to ultra violet rays and dust. You have to cover them!:lol:
2 - with all that I had, I wasn't sure I was worthy, deserving of something so luxurious as shelves. Now, isn't that kind of thinking, REALLY SILLY?
I didn't know I felt that way. My guilt over my never-to-be-completely-quenched, thirst for fabrics made me feel unworthy.
Once I realized I had all these fabric/quilt related issues...which probably stems from deeper lol, issues...
I laugh, bc these are old broken records that need to be tossed...
Now??? Of course my lovelies deserved to not only be taken care of in the best manner, they deserve to be proudly shelved, bc there is an artiste' in the midst and the sooner I got things better organized, the more creating that was going to happen.
I have a huge stash and am proud of it. Me and/or hubby worked for all of it, except for the 'giftings'.
Why should any of us, be ashamed?
That is one of the things I learned that made me laugh the most after joining this board. I had never belonged to any kind of quilting group, period.
Most quilters have guilt of some kind over their stuff.
Either the amount of it, or the condition that is going on, concerning their stuff.
Some of it is induced by family. Well, genius' are mess-prone, but ideas just come and come. They don't wait for CLEAN???? Thanks for the chuckles, Bev!
(what did you use a sawzall on) :?: