View Single Post
Old 11-25-2014, 05:06 AM
Macybaby

I checked it out and it does feed forward for both clockwise and counterclockwise movement of the flywheel. I can sort of "feel" that there is a mechanism that slides when the wheel direction changes so the feed movement stays forward always. It's up in the pillar and I can't see it easily, so that will have to wait until the machine is serviced.

The slide plate is stuck, so though it did come with a shuttle, I've not been able to compare it to anything yet to see if it's like any of the 12 Boye shuttles, though this machine is from a time earlier than Boye came out with the replacement shuttle set.

This machine is older than I had set for "limits" to my collection, but it's still High Arm so I think that is more the route I've gone - not 1900 and earlier American made, but High Arm machines. Then it does mean I can watch for that Howe . . . and an American #7, maybe even an early White that takes a boat shuttle, but not sure on that . . . though I've got so many Whites, it would be neat to have a really early one, like I have with my Singer 12.