Old 11-25-2014, 06:32 AM
Sewnoma

Oh my yes! Your family might be perplexed by your excitement but I'm not! When I bought my first "big" machine, I ordered it during a quilt show and had to wait a week to pick it up - the dealer opens the boxes and tests and adjusts the machines before they're handed over so I had to wait to get mine. The Saturday morning that I was going to pick up my machine...I couldn't sleep the night before! I was like a kid on Christmas Eve, tossing and turning, mind going 100 miles an hour with all these ideas and plans... I had a 9:30 appointment to be trained and get my new machine, and I was up by 5AM, trying to shoo the hands on the clock to make them go faster, LOL. It's been a little over 2 years now and I still love that machine! I pet it when nobody is looking. ;-)

It was cute, another lady ordered the same machine from the dealer at the same time I did. When we realized we were buying the same machine we had this weird spontaneous happy-hugging-hopping celebration dance moment right there in the vendor's booth, we were both just so excited! That's the power of a new sewing machine - it can make perfect strangers grab each other and literally jump for joy! Everybody around us was laughing...they all "got it" too, of course!

I've never used an Elna but I hear good things about them - I hope you and your new machine have many years of happy sewing ahead of you!