View Single Post
Old 11-25-2014, 07:55 AM
Country1

DH and I have done 5 shows this fall. He had wood and some leather items and I sold jewelry. We had a blast also you meet so many nice people and make new friends. Most have been local shows but this week-end we went to a large show about 130 miles away. Went up the night before and had such a good week-end. There was like 170+ booths. That's alot of booths for us.
The main things we have learned is meet and greet your fellow vendors, you see some at other shows. But getting to know the other vendors ( we're new, so learning from the experienced) they let you know about other shows and which ones has been good shows and those that are poorly run. You learn new ways to display all the time and make new friends, it's awesome.
Wanted to tell you all the reason I did not take any sewing items this year is because I bought out a lady last Jan. who was retiring from her jewelry. Loved her and her work so I'm carrying on her style and adding in my interests.
I lost my sister last year, Dec.23, and I needed something to do that didn't make me think of her so much. I guess it was a way of helping me cope with my loss.
BUT I'm back to making quilts and such, we are blessed to have a new grand-daughter next month. So sewing is been a joy again!