Old 11-25-2014, 08:34 AM
Sophie2

Originally Posted by Rhondals View Post
Whatever, right? For one peaceful day I challenge those people complaining about Thanksgiving not being healthy, to just enjoy themselves.

We even let our dogs enjoy by giving them a dogfood free dinner. I invite anyone I know who has no place to go. Last year my 23 year old son's friend didn't have anywhere to go. I felt extremely happy having the guy for dinner, and thankful he didn't spend the holiday alone. I cook so my mother doesn't have to. I eat more in one day than I do in a week. Turkey, green bean casserole, this year, potato Anna (from the Vegetarian Times website). stuffing, pecan pie, chocolate pie. Salad is a waste of time. I was going to make rolls but I bought rolls that taste exactly like mine. I'm so happy to do it every year. I can't wait.
We eat very healthy 363 days a year that I don't think about the calories on Thanksgiving and Christmas. When my DH was in the service we always got together with other families that were away from their families for the holidays. We also included single sailors that had no place to go. It was always great fun and we do miss our military friends. I say enjoy the holidays and if you know you can't or shouldn't eat something, Don't.