View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 01:06 PM
cutebuns
Power Poster

yup, the good thing is that while the machine is doing it's thing you can go and do other things so it stretches your time somewhat. it is very addictive, it gives that professional look to all sorts of things, I did some really nice tea towels before Christmas as well, took some inexpensive towels and customized them, it is easy and really once you get into it it can be pretty cheap, it costs me about 50cents in supplies to do them and once you have some patterns, the more you use them the less it costs, people thought I was nuts to have the machines that I do but I more than have paid for them as well, if you looked at the brother site, I have the PR620 which is just the one before the one show at the top of the embroidery page, it has 6 threads and a bunch of cool things to play with. as well as a double set of hoops including a hat hoop. it is faster than most of the domestic machines, you save time not having to stop and rethread for every color change, the only thing I wish it had was the jacket back hoop, they don't have one that big yet, and the machine is less than some of the domestic machines that I have seen, I worked it out that I could buy it and a regular sewing machine for less than a combo one that does both, thing is that you can't use it for both at the same time, it is one or the other, so this way I would get two for less than one, and it isn't hard to learn how to use.

the odds are that for the first bit you will get stuck watching that needle go up and down, it happens here all the time when I get comapny, they are fasinated with watching the design appear,