Thread: Heavy quilt
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2014, 08:44 AM
joe'smom

Originally Posted by w1613s View Post
I'm thrilled with this thread. One question, though. What exactly is "too heavy"? DH and I have had the too heavy conversation. Because I do not feel the sensation, I cannot really understand. Is too heavy a pain somewhere? Does it mean one cannot turn over easily? Is it something that aggravates a bad back? What is it? It seems it would help us to have a clearer idea of what is being meant so we can respond appropriately.
Pat
As a person with arthritis, I can't sleep with something that weighs on me. It is difficult to move around, and much more difficult if their is something weighty or at all clingy that you have to move off you before you can move yourself. In colder weather I use a down comforter; down holds a tremendous amount of air, so it's buoyant and I can move around freely under it. In less cold weather, I have a small, old quilt that was made with poly and quilted minimally in the ditch very far apart, so it is puffy and buoyant. It doesn't add resistance to movement. Something dense, like a heavily quilted quilt that holds no air, pins you down.