View Single Post
Old 11-25-2014, 05:25 PM
kaelynangelfoot

Okay friends, I just thought I'd post a few notes on preparation and fabric requirements, and a couple tidbits to keep in mind.

The patterns in the book are designed for a 7" x 7" finished block. Your background squares will be cut to 9" x 9" and then trimmed to 7.5" square once the applique is completed. If you are enlarging, enlarge your background squares by the same percentage as you do the pattern.

The layout in the book will result in a 62" x 62" quilt (this includes the borders).
If you enlarge your blocks, please remember to calculate the additional yardage that you will need. If you are planning a different layout, you will likely need additional background fabric. I am thinking about putting my block on point and will therefore need to get enough additional background fabric for setting triangles.

Prepare your fabric with your favorite method. I'm a die hard prewasher and a big fan of starch.

I strongly recommend that you read the General Instructions on Pages 7 - 16. They do not really contain information on HOW to applique, so try these websites for details: Machine Applique with Fusible Webbing and Needle Turn Applique Tutorial

I wouldn't attempt this quilt without all of your support and cheering, so thank you very much to all for jumping on the bandwagon!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-02-2014 at 02:30 PM. Reason: remove copyright details