View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 02:27 PM
Mousie
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
Originally Posted by quilter girl
MistyMaire - What have you used to wrapped your fabric on thats on the bookshelf and what size is it. I wish you the best of luck - take it one step at a time. I find if I put on some music with a beat to it - it makes me work faster & yeah I do turn up the volume :thumbup: You will be so proud of what you get done.
I spent a long time thinking about how to organize my stash. I discussed and tossed out several ideas, until talking with my sister, who owns a vinyl graphics business. She has coroplast for sign making. The sheets come 4' x 8' by 1/4" and she cuts them down for me so I can wrap my fabric around them, secure the fabric to them, and store them vertically. I have several hundred of them and I use them for my larger pieces of fabric (2 yds. or more). I LOVE it. The fabric stays wrinkle-free and the coroplast is acid free, so I know my fabric will stay stain-free (unlike using cardboard).

(She decided to start selling these on E-bay about a year ago, so they are available if you look for them. She also has fat quarter pieces, but I am not THAT organized.)

Here is a picture of my corner of my laundry room:
well this looks fantastic! keep going girl! :-P