Old 11-26-2014, 09:50 AM
Yooper32

Originally Posted by jlhmnj View Post
The ghost of a previous owner is messing with you?

This seems to happen to me on many of my tools including sewing machines---one week fine the next all out of adjustment. Seems to defy reason so I blame the unknown instead of thinking too hard on it. Just me.

Jon

That's it! That is what happened to me a week ago. I went to a sew-in , as a brand new member of this guild, took my trusty little FW that I keep in my bedroom for the occasional scrap foundation blocks that I make out of left over pieces from big projects. I had made a block just a few days prior to the sew-in. You guessed it, got there was given my two rows to sew together and "blam", she messed up. I tried everything in the book to fix the tension and all of the things I tried failed. Needless to say, I was mortally embarrassed. Still haven't got her sewing right, but at least, thanks to a link here in "vintage" section, I found great pictures and instructions on how to disassemble the bobbin case and fix her. Still no reason why this happened between a few days time, unless she just doesn't like riding in the car.