View Single Post
Old 11-27-2014, 03:43 PM
jetayre

Default Learning things...

Some may remember that a while ago I was looking for xx-large gloves for my husband. We have not bee able to find any any where that fit him or kept his hands. recently inherited a tote full of cloth. It was a lot of strange things. One piece was Sherpa. I have fleece so I decided to try and make him some mittens. I started with a drawing of his hand and had allowed for seams but the material was thick and I had to make pattern larger. Also I decided to have th wrong side of the Sherpa for the outside. I made two fleece mittens to go inside for more warmth. Then had to make another pattern to make up for the thickness. The first one I made was thick and my regular foot had a lot of trouble...so....I put o a zipper foot. I had never used one before. WOW As I am sure many of you could have told me...it worked so well ...could get close to edge and solved several other problems. I learned a big step and now know how to sew other things I had problems with and it will take the bad out of some sewing and put the fun back in. My husband should have warmer hands and may make a pair for myself. So my Thanksgiving was rewarding.