Old 11-28-2014, 08:09 AM
KenmoreGal2

Default It happened again!

My tension was fine when I sewed yesterday. Just now I marked the "perfect spot" with my Sharpie and began to sew. The fabric puckered and I could see that the upper tension was off again. It took another complete revolution of the dial to fix it.

I am a total noob at sewing machine repair but I screwed up my courage and carefully unscrewed the tension dial. I've attached photos. There's a spring there which I assume puts the pressure on the tension plates. There was a bit of lint in there so I brushed it out. I carefully removed the spring and brushed the cavity. Then I put it all back together hoping that fixed it but nope, still had to have it one revolution down.

I photographed the top of the dial. It shows the markings which show how many revolutions the dial has been turned. I have a few more revolutions to go before it comes to a complete stop but now I'm getting rather nervous. Any suggestions of simple things I can try? (remember, I'm a noob). I don't have an OSMG that I can turn to either. I'm on my own.

Thank you again for your help!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]500385[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]500386[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]500387[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 100_5555.jpg   100_5556.jpg   100_5554.jpg