View Single Post
Old 11-28-2014, 01:52 PM
roseirish48

happy thanksgiving everyone--hope your day was as nice as mine. Shayla wasnt able to join us for celebration as not released from hospital til nearly 3pm on Thanksgiving day but she did keep in touch with us vis calls and texts. We drove down to my son's house in LeCenter MN (about hour and half from Minneapolis)--even had the car go BOOM into rear end of another car that had to slam on his brakes due to idiot in front of him. Luckily the truck behind us was able to stear clear and not rear end us. vehicles had no scratches and we are fine--shook hands and continued on our way.
Dinner wasnt quite ready when we got there but we all chipped in and were soon gobbling up the gobbler, gravy, mashed potatoes, carrots.stuffing,yams, cranberry sauce,cucumbers,pickles,apple salad, buns, pumpkin and apple pies, churro cookies, and ice cream. Some of them even enjoyed some wine(not me--i dont like the taste).
we spent evening talking and visiting before heading home around 7:30. Even i was ready to climb into bed early
Finished Grandpa quilt this morning and worked some more on the x-stitch ( after i took out some more as miscounted again). Things are progressing nicely now.
only bout a week to go til opening day---YIPPEE!